Call for applications for 11 PhD positions – deadline: January 1, 2021
The CARMEN consortium is inviting applications for 11 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) PhD positions in the field of Classical and Ancient Studies. Further information about the CARMEN ITN, the individual
projects and the recruitment procedure can be found on our website carmen-itn.eu. If you are interested, please also visit: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/580840.
Please collect the following documents as a single PDF file and send your application with subject ‘CARMEN Application’ to email@example.com:
- CV in English (including explicit details of country/countries of residence for the past 36 months), Europass format obligatory.
- Letter of motivation in English, with reasoned choice of 1–2 topics of the CARMEN project (max. 400 words each).
- Documentary evidence of:
- University degrees in the field of Classical or Ancient Studies (candidates that will not yet have got their master’s degree by the deadline of this call may hand in their certificate later).
- Transcript of records.
- Language certificates.
- Contact details of two referees, no reference letters are required at this point.
- Writing sample of 2000–3000 words in one of the 5 official languages of the Association Internationale d’Épigraphie Grecque et Latine (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish); the writing sample may be a chapter of your master thesis.